Monday, December 17, 2007

Snowed In!


Stephanie, Isaiah, Sophia, and I spent the weekend snowed in! Sunday was a level 2 snow emergency where we live, so we were able to be together all day. It was fun. We played games, watched TV, slept, ate, and played together.

Such a simple thing, snow, shut everything down; yet, for me the weekend was what the Winter holidays are all about: We enjoyed each other. We spent time together.

Earlier in the summer, Steph and I went to a church worship arts conference entitled, "What's Right in Your World?" The presenters articulated that so often the Church talks about what is wrong with the world (and there are some things wrong with and in the world); however, there are definitely things good and right with the world, too!

The snow days reaffirmed something I already knew: My wife and my babies are what's right with my world. There is no better day than the day spent with those I love most...playing, praying, and being family.

What's right in your world?

2 comments:

Jeff said...

1) Very jealous you had a snow day. I was out at 5:30am Sunday digging out so that Heather and I could still be to church by 7:00

2) I totally echo your thoughts on family. My friendship/romance with Heather is right in my world. As are so many wonderful friendships that we share.

Anonymous said...

I love you!