Thursday, February 07, 2008

Co-Creators

I thought I'd share a thought about having kids...



Isaiah loves trains, so here he is with his Engineer's hat on his Thomas the Tank Engine couch. He loves his sister, too, so he asked if we'd put her on it and take their picture. Of course, Sophia loves her big brother, and she was just screaming smiles. It's amazing how beautiful they are, and it blows Steph's and my mind that we created such amazing life. What a gift from God that we have the privilege of being co-creators, bringing life into the world. Nothing has taught me more about love than having children. They are by definition blessings.



Sunday, Isaiah made us both tear up. In the shower, he and Sophie were playing. Then he tells her, "Jesus died on the Cross for you, Sister." MMMMM....The stories, the sharing, the explaining, the songs, and the prayers together actually are shaping their lives. It's humbling, yet it made our hearts burst with holy pride:P I pray that he grows up to be a fearless man of God that proclaims the Good News of Jesus Christ wherever he is.

2 comments:

christine mtm said...

the princess kitty suprises me all the time by saying and doing things so faith-filled. it makes me believe i am doing God's work as a mom.

Unknown said...

The kids are adorable! What a precious moment between them. What a good big brother to share this with his sister. I hope my girls have that "spiritual" moment someday as well. Thank you for sharing the everyday moments.

Naomi