Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Lotus: chapter 1, The Beginning

I just started my first blog! How exciting!

I chose the name "The Lotus" for the Asian water lilly by that name. In Eastern philosophy and religion the lotus is the symbol for purity. The snow white flower blooms from beneath the water. Life flowering. Beauty from unexpected places. Peace and purity above the dark waters of life. Untouched in one sense, but a part of the pool nonetheless. For me, it's a symbol of a beautiful and serene life growing in purity from unexpected places.

Sometimes we don't do things we've wanted to do for a long time. A blog is exactly that for me. Where else can we speak and be heard? No one listens, but here...here we are heard. We speak, and we listen. Isn't it so sad that we must connect to outlets for our souls to open and blossom forth. Our machines become the faces, but our hearts are exposed. The tender shoots are so gentle. May this be a place of peace and openness for you...

3 comments:

Mark said...

Please leave your thoughts or questions!

Mark said...

I have tried to make it so you can post your comments more easily after a few people had some troubles. Sorry;)

Mark said...

If you don't want to login, just click anonymous...Please, leave your name, though, so I know who you are:)