Saturday, May 10, 2008

Going with God

This week was a very busy week. Two funerals, a wedding, and seeing our new home !! :o

Yes, our new home!

Thursday night, Stephanie and I met with the PPRC of FUMC Winchester and District Superintendent Dale Mendenhall. Stephanie, myself, and the church agreed that we are a good fit, and the appointment became official.

This morning, we met with CCUMC's SPRC sharing that we will be moving. It will be announced tomorrow morning in both churches, but it is now official...and we can talk about it!

Stephanie and I are very excited, and we look forward to the ministry we join in Winchester. We are also sad to leave Columbia City, the church, and our friends.

This is the bittersweet experience of any move, and to be honest, I don't know what all I'm exactly feeling other than excited to go to a church and community with a lot of potential, nervous about being new, and missing friends already. This is the journey of missional life: Moving where God calls us...even when where we are is fun, good, and comfortable.

The Spanish have a saying: Vaya con Dios. Go with God. And so we do. We go where God directs us, and we pray that we always do...and that is my prayer for all of you as well.

Vaya con Dios.

6 comments:

Todd said...

Wow Winchester, we were hoping for someplace closer to us, but I guess that will have to work :-)

You're not too far from Muncie. I have a lot of family there, and you have to eat the Pizza King pizza there sometime. You may have tried it elsewhere in Indiana, but give it a fresh shot in Muncie!

Rick said...

Joining others in wishing you and your family well as you move on... God's blessings, His wisdom, His guidance and direction be yours...

Anonymous said...

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! sad to see you go, excited to see you go where God leads :)

Todd said...

Admit it Kara you are glad to see him go!

Only kidding. I thought it would be funny to taunt some virtual friend of a friend that I don't even know. Weird how the Internet and a blog connect otherwise random people...

Anonymous said...

I hate it!! But, I admit I am happy for you, both of you!! Take me with you!! :) Can't wait to hear you speak as the Sr. Pastor!! You will ROCK dude!! :-D
btw, Todd, Pizza King is the best pizza in Columbia City as well!!! :) cindy

Pastor Chris Roberts said...

Mark,
Congrats! And congrats on the ordination.
David Hummel was my candidacy mentor when I served New Burlington in Muncie. My daughter Bethany was born at St. vincents in Winchester. May God go with you... or better yet may you experience God already at work there when you get there.

oh and will Winchester be the perfect church?